|Howard Medical, a division of Howard Industries, Inc. is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to fill the position of Product Testing and Reliability engineer. Primary responsibilities for this position include design verification of prototypes and finished products through both internal and external testing and continued improvement of product reliability through improved design guidelines and test procedures. This is a new position at Howard Medical created to augment our current engi
- Principle Activities Include:
1. Advise the product design team of design options and impact of design decisions related to product performance and reliability.
2. Assist the design team with creation of new product requirements and design goals.
3. Provide expertise and leadership early and often during product development to ensure that we meet performance and reliability goals at each step of the process.
4. Develop test plans and test procedures for all new products.
5. Oversee testing activities and use of testing facilities and equipment.
6. Research the latest test methods and recommend equipment acquisitions and test facility changes as needed to maintain the effectiveness of our testing program.
7. Become an active member of industry organizations involved in the development of test and reliability standards.
8. Stay abreast of test and reliability standards that may affect product design or marketing strategy.
9. Establish and maintain relationships with outside testing facilities and manage all external testing processes.
10. Improve product simulation capabilities by refining models to better match actual test results.
11. Work with quality assurance department to develop or specify custom tools and fixtures needed for incoming material inspection. Help in development of IMI test processes.
12. Assist sales and marketing develop product spec sheets and literature related to product reliability.
13. Lead or participate in design-FMEA teams to identify potential failure modes of new products during development.
14. Lead or assist in engineering forensic evaluations of field failures including root cause analysis and corrective action recommendations.
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering and at least 3 years experience in the area of product test and reliability or in product design. The successful candidate must have experience testing for structural integrity and long term reliability. Should also be proficient with use of stress analysis or simulation software to predict product performance and capable of using experimental test methods to verify simulation results.
Howard Industries is a $900 million privately held corporation located in and around Ellisville, Mississippi. The corporation consists of 5 main divisions: Howard Transformers, Howard Lighting, Howard Transportation, Howard Technology Solutions, and the newest and fastest growing division, Howard Medical.
Howard Industries offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including relocation assistance to the Ellisville, Mississippi area which is located about 1 hour from the Gulf Coast and 2 hours from New Orleans.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Company: Howard Medical
Contact: Tony Thornton
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
||Dependent upon experience
|Career Level Required
||2+ to 5 years