Location: Ellisville, MS
Equal Opportunity Employer Vet/Disabled
Howard Transformers, a division of Howard Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full time Power Transformer Mechanical Designer to join the Design Engineering Departments located in Ellisville, MS.
• Generate and maintain 3D CAD models , and create 2D drawings for standard and custom products using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software under the direction of engineers and management.
• Develop 3D models / drawings and parts information to guide Manufacturing in production process
• Provide drawing support for Purchasing and Inspection Departments
• Processing of Revisions and Engineering Changes
• Follow established methods & recommend process improvements
• Understanding of engineering drawing practices in application: drawing views, dimensioning & tolerancing, notes, etc. in order to unambiguously define parts and assembly processes.
• Understanding of basic electrical principles.
• High level of mechanical aptitude.
• High level of knowledge working in a Windows PC environment, using MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
• Good communication skills
• Organized & methodical
• Able to work independently and within a team
• High level of knowledge of AutoCAD software and any 3D modeling software or other similar program.
Education and Experience:
• 4 years higher education diploma required, preferable with technical background.
• Preferred Degree in Drafting, Pre-Engineering Curriculum, or Training in a related field
• Required at least 3 years of experience with AutoCAD
• Experience and knowledge of 3D modeling (Inventor, Pro-E , or similar)
• Previous experience with internal and/or external design of Power Transformers is a big plus